2/06/2011

Pizza Bites

This recipe was described to me in 3 words -
Incredibly. Easy. Amazing.

I added one more to the list - Sold.

I mean, who wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes in the kitchen, place a pan in the oven for a few minutes, and then emerge with an Incredibly Easy and Amazing order of hot, cheesy pizza bites? And if those 3 words are not enough to convince you to try this recipe, let me tell you that between my roommate and I we've made 3 batches in 2 days. And I'm already planning to make another one on Tuesday.

You'll need: 1 batch of pizza dough (I cheated and used Festival's pre-made stuff), about 40 slices of pepperoni, about 20 cubes of mozzarella cheese (again, cheated and used string cheese), 2tsp. italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and 2Tbls olive oil.


 Take a pinch of dough, flatten into a circle. Place 2-3 pepperoni slices and one cube of cheese onto the dough. Keep the size uniform for the sake of baking evenly, but there really is no right or wrong as to the size. Smaller sizes could be made for an appetizer, larger for a dinner.


Fold the edges upward and press together, forming a ball. Place seam side down in a greased pie plate.


Mix the olive oil and seasoning together; lightly brush over the dough. Sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top.


Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes or until center of dough is cooked thoroughly. Dip in your favorite pizza sauce and be prepared to want to make this again tomorrow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment